I Sell the Dead (2008)



With a new year upon us, I figured it was time to finally get back to watching some entertainment that could put a smile on my face. Yes, the Steelers dominant performance today did fall into that category, but, I am sure there will be many stories written about that one. So, with that all in mind, I decided to watch a flick that I had only heard of, and had no expectations about, I Sell the Dead.


Plot/ 18th century justice catches up with a pair of grave robbers. With only a few hours to go before his date with the guillotine, Arthur Blake tells his life story to Father Francis Duffy. Before long, Arthur spills the beans on how he got started in the grim corpse peddling business with seasoned ghoul Willie Grimes.


As I mentioned, I had no idea what to expect with this flick. That being said, I really did not expect to find such an enjoyable venture. While the story is quite simple, it is extremely entertaining, combining a great mix of horror and comedy that has not been seen in quite a while. The acting is solid and add just enough to the characterization to bring everything together. The cinematography and soundtrack work well enough to create a great mood and some great atmospheric moments. Yes, there is some blood and guts throughout, but mostly it is quite tame. Sure, this is not a true horror flick, but it is a very interesting film that does a great job crossing genre elements.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Creep (2004)

Super Shark (2011)