Frankenstein (1931)


Over the weekend my sleep schedule got extremely screwed up. Luckily, I was able to find some great things to help pass the hours of insomnia. Nothing was greater though than finding the original Universal Studios classic Frankenstein on TCM. While I have seen this many times, it had been a while.


Plot/ Henry Frankenstein is a doctor who is trying to discover a way to make the dead walk. He succeeds and creates a monster that has to deal with living again.


It is amazing to sit back and watch what James Whale created with this very short but ultimate horror classic. Here we sit some 80 years later, and its influence is still felt in many flicks. Boris Karloff is wonderful, and definitely brings the monster to life in a way that has never been replicated. The sets, scripting and acting are perfect within the atmospheric world created in this Universal Studios entry into literary horror. Others may try to duplicate this flick and remake it with technology and modern twists, but, those versions will never live up to the original masterpiece that Karloff and Whale created.


Comments

  1. Hello Mark,

    My name is Catherine Meyers; I work as the admin of a web and blog directory. I have to say, after reading your articles, I’m impressed by your blog, really enjoyed the read, Good job! That is why, I would be delighted to have your blog in my directory, that way my visitors will also visit your web.
    If you are interested in this link exchange, let me know.

    Good luck with your blog!

    Catherine Meyers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Catherine, I would love to do the link exchange. Email me the details at ringmaster@scarletcircus.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Creep (2004)

Super Shark (2011)