Short Night of Glass Dolls (1971)



As my Saturday winds down (I will take some pictures of the cool masks I scored this week tomorrow), I decided to finish the week with a giallo. My selection, the 1971 forgotten classic, Short Night of Glass Dolls.


Plot/ An American journalist in Prague searches for his girlfriend who has suddenly disappeared.


One of the things that I love about watching a good giallo is that there is often more going on than meets the eye. That is definitely the case when it comes to this interesting and unique entry. Of course, this one is a bit different taking on political themes, mystery and the occult.  The acting is solid, the characterization pretty good and the cast all seem to fit (especially for the era), couple that with a well-written script and you have a winner. Sure, it is not perfect, but it is a great example of what a great (and often overlooked) giallo can be.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Creep (2004)

Super Shark (2011)