Tucker and Dale vs. Evil (2010)



As the week starts, I am falling behind on reviews. In all, I think I have watched four movies that I have not got to yet on here. In addition, I will lose a night this week as we are heading out to see the Bluegrass / Americana group The Hankensaw Boys this Wednesday. Oh well, next to finishing taxes on the computer it gives me something to do. The next film that I will review is the horror / comedy Tucker and Dale vs. Evil from 2010.


Plot/ Tucker & Dale are on vacation at their dilapidated mountain cabin when a group of preppy college kids attacks them.


Let me start by saying that this is one of the best movies of this type I have seen, in fact, it ranks right up there with the classic horror comedy Shawn of the Dead. There was so much to like and it was definitely an exceptional example if what can be done if you combine a fresh story with the right cast. One of the best parts of the flick was the perfect mix of comedy and gore; there was just enough of both elements to keep everything flowing at just the right pace. Besides the excellent pacing, the acting was solid, the effects were right on and the storyline was definitely something new and refreshing. In the end, I definitely would recommend this to horror fans. To me, this is one movie that has to been seen and enjoyed.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Creep (2004)

Super Shark (2011)