Mongolian Death Worm (2010)



My daughter Jillian asked me to grab a movie at the video store. Of course, first she asked for The Exorcist, but at nine, I am still keeping her away from it (although, I did let her see the one from Spike TV, but it was hacked up). Fortunately, for me, many of the Sci-Fi Channel creature features end up at the store and make it easy for me to find something she can watch. This weeks selection was the 2010 entry Mongolian Death Worm.


Plot/ When an American oil company sets up an experimental drilling plant out in the vast deserts of Mongolia, they awaken a nest. The deadly creatures begin to breed and spread, devouring everyone in their path. The only person who can stop them is treasure hunter and adventure seeker who spent his life searching for a legendary tomb, fabled to be protected by the Death Worms. He knows he must do what he can to kill the creatures, but stopping these monsters may mean destroying his life's work forever!


The made-for-TV Sci-Fi Channel creature features often suffer from many of the same flaws that plague the no-budget indie flicks I love. As many readers of my blog may know, my daughter Jillian is a huge fan of horror and Sci-Fi movies, but at age nine, I must temper what she can and cannot watch. Nevertheless, I get to enjoy my fair share of these Sci-Fi Channel originals. It is funny, I can almost see the flick before it starts in my mind; it has all the elements of a low budget creature feature, with some drama, mixed with some adventure, some CGI monster (in this case giant worms) and an unbelievable story. Ironically, this one is one of the more believable entries and the acting and CGI are actually decent. Unfortunately, the characterization and script leave a lot to be desired and often drag it down in parts. In the end, this is no Tremors, but it is a decently entertaining way to spend 90 minutes with the kids (if you have budding young horror fans). Unless you love stuff like this, I would probably stay away.







Comments

  1. horror website design
    http://www.creatorshadow.com/halloween-websites
    Our every website has a digital look, our every design based on a theme. Creator Shadow designs everything you need to successfully market your horror-themed business, logo design & branding, web site design, marketing/key artwork, poster design, ticket design, coupon design, banner design, t-shirt design and all at unbelievable cost.Horror website design

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Creep (2004)

Super Shark (2011)