Intermedio (2005)



Well, I never made it to Family Video last night after dinner and was stuck with my pay channels and on Demand for a movie. Needless to say, I was not optimistic, as nothing truly caught my eye on Friday. What did I choose? The 2005 supernatural entry Intermedio.


Plot/ A group of four teenage friends become trapped in a Mexican border tunnel where they fall prey, one-by one, to tortured ghosts who haunt it.


I had a bad feeling about this one when I selected it from The Movie Channel on Demand, and that feeling was right on the money. This low budget entry from The Asylum really offered nothing but cliché and bad CGI. Honestly, it was a perfect entry for the SyFy Channel and their cheesefests. This is actually unfortunate, as there was potential there for some great atmosphere if done right. Unfortunately, the sets look like a bad amusement park ride, the acting is uneven at best and the scripting does nothing to build tension.  In the end, there is some blood and it had a few moments, but this is what it is; a cheesy low budget B movie targeted at the SyFy Channel crowd, and if you like that you should enjoy this one. If that is not your cup of tea, stay away.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Creep (2004)

Super Shark (2011)