Greystone Park (2012)

 
 
After taking a night off dealing with some type of 24 hour bug (maybe the chemtrail poisoning I witnessed), I decided to jump back into the swing of things with a found footage flick from Director Sean Stone, son of famed Director Oliver Stone. The movie I found was Greystone Park from 2012.
 
 
Plot/ In October 2009, the filmmakers went into an abandoned psychiatric hospital to explore the haunted institution, famous for its radical treatment of patients with mental illness. Electroshock, insulin therapy, and lobotomies were commonplace. Once inside, the filmmakers quickly discovered that they were not alone; this story is based on their experiences.
 
 
I am honestly starting to feel like the found footage movement has run its course, and that there needs to be a break from them for a while. I am sure it is not just me, as I believe they all are starting to run together. This one falls somewhere in the middle of the gambit of those that have come out over the past decade. Sure, it is not perfect, with uneven acting, some poor visuals, and a miserably rushed ending, but there were some decent moments especially early on. There is some atmosphere and tension, there were some psychological elements and there are some interesting effects that take place within the confines of some of the scenes. In the end, it was not the worst movie of this genre I have watched. Would I recommend it?  I guess that would depend on the day, but even then, that recommendation would be only to fans of this genre.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Creep (2004)

Super Shark (2011)