Hangar 18 (1980)

 
 
Having spent a lot of time in paranormal land, or in conspiracy mode, I decided to venture into something just a bit different last night. While the conspiracy overtone is still clearly in my mind as my research into HAARP continues, I needed something of a lighter faire to help pass the evening. My selection for the evening is something from my youth, actually one of the first UFO / Conspiracy movies I remember, Hangar 18 from 1980.
 
 
Plot/After the launch of a satellite from a space shuttle it collides with a UFO in front of the crew's eyes. Because of an election campaign, some politicians try to hide the crashed UFO.
 
 
When this popped into my Netflix queue, I just had to watch it. I remember as a kid growing up during this period, how these movies helped shape me and my thoughts. While I had some small memories of the film, it was not much. What I found when I turned it on surprised me, as while it was somewhat out there, there are a lot of thoughts inside this flick that are a lot less far-fetched today than the were when this came out. The acting was decent, the pacing solid and the story interesting. Yes, there were times where the low budget was evident and the make up and effects were far from believable, but that is nowhere near a showstopper. In the end, this flick was extremely entertaining and in some ways seems to have influenced some of the movies and television shows of today. If you have not watched it, give it a shot. Yes, it is dated, but it also makes you think. Check it out!
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Creep (2004)

Super Shark (2011)