6 Degrees of Hell (2012)



Yesterday was movie day, in all; I think I watched six horror or Sci-Fi flicks. The day started with The Philadelphia Experiment and ended with The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (remake). In between, there was religion (Stigmata), H.P. Lovecraft (Cool Air), creature features (The Bay) and one last flick, 6 Degrees of Hell.


Plot/ Six individuals are caught up in a supernatural perfect storm, as an evil lays claim to one of them while threatening to tear apart the soul of a small Pennsylvania town.


I had seen this one at the store for some time, but decided to pass. Finally, I grabbed it and I am glad I did. It was honestly not what I was expecting, and was surprised what little role Corey Feldman had. While that did not do anything with the film, I felt that the way it was packaged could have an impact on potential viewers who may not like his work. For me, I do not really watch movies because of the actors, so it was not an issue. The storyline in the movie is solid, with a slowly building intertwined plot that is actually rather interesting. Of course, at times, it does feel like there is too much going on within these layers and that does add some unneeded confusion. The acting is decent, the direction good and the make up and effects really work. There were some decisions with cinematography and editing that came across as amateurish, but that could have been my copy of the DVD. In the end, this may not be a perfect movie, but it was an entertaining indie flick that is a lot better than some of its competition. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Creep (2004)

Super Shark (2011)