Iron Sky (2012)



Having finished Jericho, I decided I need something with a lighter mood to close out my weekend and I found just the movie. Yet, it honestly reminded me of the veterans of our past and the sacrifices they made. Of course, with Monday being Veterans Day, it is hard not to think of all those who served our great nation and all of the great people I served with during my career in the Navy. For all veterans new and old, Happy Veterans Day! Oh, what movie did I choose? I decided upon the 2012 action/comedy Iron Sky. 


Plot/ The Nazis set up a secret base on the dark side of the moon in 1945 where they hide out and plan to return to power in 2018.


This is a flick that I have debated about for some time. Now that I have watched it, I can see why there was debate in my head. This cheesy schlock-fest is one of the most unrealistic and strange flicks I have seen in some time. Yet, because it is so cheesy and unrealistic, it creates a fun and entertaining vibe throughout the movie. Honestly, it is one that is so stupid it is funny. Yes, the performances are uneven at best; there is some solid visual effects and decent action. In the end, this is one of the entertaining flicks the will be polarizing, loved and hated. Personally, I could not stop laughing, as it was one of the most ridiculous movies I have seen in some time. Check it out and decide for yourself. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Creep (2004)

Super Shark (2011)