Devil's Pass (2013)



After taking off a night from the blog, I decided that it was time to get back at it. With Bren and the girls out of town, I had a chance to watch multiple flicks last night, so I did. Yes, I am a horror geek with nothing better to do. The first flick I watched was the 2013 entry Devil's Pass (AKA The Dyatlov Pass Incident)


Plot/ Five young filmmakers retrace the steps of a doomed group of hikers in pursuit of an unsolvable mystery.


I figured this would be a found footage flick, so I knew what to expect. While it was, there were many shots that were much better quality than the typical found footage movie, something that was a surprise. The storyline was interesting, especially the reference to the Philadelphia Experiment, I did not see that coming and there were some decent creatures for this type of flick. Yes, there were some plot holes and some of the characterizations that left a bit to be desired, but that was fine. In all, it was one of the more interesting (albeit cliched) found footage movies I have seen in some time and an entertaining one at that. Sure, it was not a true horror documentary, but it is an interesting take on a fascinating and tragic true story.  Check it out. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Creep (2004)

Super Shark (2011)