No Tell Motel (2012)



I cannot believe that this is post number 1,000 here at The Ringmaster's Realm. It seems like only yesterday that I started this blog to help me fight through some writers block, wow, time does fly. I was pretty excited earlier when I received a signed Truth or Dare movie poster in the mail from the guys at Horror Movies Uncut, so much so that I decided to bump my evening horror flick up earlier in the day. Unfortunately, the movie I chose, No Tell Motel, did not garner the same excitement. 


Plot/ Dirty little secrets are exposed when five friends become stranded at an abandoned motel haunted by a dark secret of its own.


I am not sure where to begin with this cliched low budget entry.  I will admit that I loved the initial scenes and hoped that it would follow suit from it. Yes, it was very cliche, but at times cliche can work. Unfortunately, it goes downhill from there. The acting is OK, the characters suck and have no chemistry (although that too could be the acting), there is no atmosphere, and the storyline and cinematography add so much confusion to the movie that it drags it down (a lot). There is really nothing here that works, as it feels like there are two or three ideas fighting for screen time and none truly rise from the shadows. In the end, this was one of the least memorable flicks that I have picked up at Family Video in some time. Unless you have nothing else available, stay away! 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Creep (2004)

Super Shark (2011)