The ABCs of Death (2012)



As 2014 inches closer, it is nice to sit back and enjoy some relaxation now that my day at work is done. Of course, the SAW marathon I am watching helps. Jigsaw and the SAW franchise is one of my favorites. Right now, I am almost done with SAW IV. However, that is not my review for my evening. In fact, the may some days away as I have watched quite a few movies this week. Next up is the 2012 collection of shorts, The ABCs of Death. 


Plot/ A 26-chapter anthology that showcases death in all its vicious wonder and brutal beauty.


It is hard to write a review for this movie as it offers such a diverse blend of horror. More a collection of shorts instead of an  anthology, The ABC's of Death offers sch a wide variety of death, that it would be hard to explain the different dynamics. This ambitious project worked for me, as the varying styles added some dimensions you never see. With that, each vary in time, pace and depravity. Some are repulsive, some are hilarious and some will make you wonder what you just watched. Of course, this is not for everyone. There is graphic violence, nudity, multiple languages, furries, claymation, and even cartoons. However, each work well in the unfiltered manner put forth. X is for XXL and A is for Apocalypse are memorable, as is L is for Libido, but others miss the mark for me. In the end, this was an extremely entertaining flick and one that I may watch again on short notice. It may be shocking to some, but for others it will be a blast. Check it out. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Creep (2004)

Super Shark (2011)