The Black Waters of Echo's Pond (2009)



With the crazy snow storm raging today, I had a lot of time to think about what I wanted to watch today. While part of me wanted to see some zombies, I figured that they would not be a good follow-up to Lizzy Borden. After some time, I decided to check out, the 2009 entry, The Black Waters of Echo's Pond. 


Plot/ Nine friends take a holiday at a Victorian home on a private island and uncover a game that when played brings out the worst in each of them. Jealously, greed, hatred, lust, all of the things they keep buried deep inside themselves rise to the surface and come to a boil. 


While I have seen this one on the shelves many times, I had stayed away as I had a bad feeling about it. Now that I have seen it, my instincts were spot on. Yes, there was some decent atmosphere, the effects were OK, and the cinematography worked within the confines of what was an interesting storyline. Unfortunately, the positive moments do not outweigh the flaws. The acting is flat, the scripting is cliche and predictable, and the  characterization creates some miserable characters. In the end, this low budget entry never reaches its full potential and leaves a lot to be desired with a retread storyline that I swear I have seen before (only better). If you have no other choices, give it a shot, but be warned, there is nothing memorable in it.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Creep (2004)

Super Shark (2011)