You're Next (2011)



After spending Thursday night with the remake of Carrie, I decided I wanted to go with something mindless for my Friday evening. With the snow falling outside, it is the perfect night for some mayhem. After some thought, I decided upon the 2011 horror flick, You're Next.


Plot/ When the Davison family comes under attack during their wedding anniversary getaway, the gang of mysterious killers soon learns that one of victims harbors a secret talent for fighting back.


As usual, I stayed away from this one until I could watch it at home and i am glad I did. While this is not a perfect flick, it does have some interesting aspects even with the cliche moments sprinkled in. This movie actually has a decent mix of comedy elements thrown into the various kills, which in some ways make it more fun than you may have expected. The acting is OK, the cinematography solid, and the direction works, having some originality thrown into the mix with some of the kills. Sure, the atmosphere is all over, there are plot holes and the characterization is lacking, but it is far from terrible. In the end, this is a hard flick to categorize, as it boasts multiple murders, but does not fit into the different horror sub-genres. To me, this was an entertaining and comic trip down a bloody path, and one I enjoyed. Not for everyone, but if you like blood, guts, murder and mayhem, give it a shoot. If not, stay away.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Creep (2004)

Super Shark (2011)