Ender's Game (2013)



What a week. The weather continued its roller coaster ride and more importantly, I got to enjoy some amazing music. On Thursday, we went to see Old Crow Medicine Show and the Avett Brothers, and last night Flogging Molly. Yes, they are all different genres, but they were all amazing. Tonight, I am getting caught up on some of the movies I watched starting with Ender's Game. 


Plot/ Young Ender Wiggin is recruited by the International Military to lead the fight against the Formics, a genocidal alien race which nearly annihilated the human race in a previous invasion. 


Since I have never read the book this was based on, I had no idea what to expect. What I found when I finally watched it was better than I expected from the previews. That is not to say it is a perfect movie, but it was entertaining. The acting is solid, the visuals are amazing and the ending is all one could ask for. Yes, it does have some pacing issues, as it moves too fast and it has an overall lack of characterization, but it is still an interesting and thought provoking Sci-Fi flick. In the end, this was a movie with a message and one that should be seen, especially if you watch it with an open mind.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Creep (2004)

Super Shark (2011)