Saw III (2006)



After picking up a couple of Saw posters at Steel City Con, I was in the mood to revisit Jigsaw. This series, while a touch controversial in some circles, demonstrated that there was still originality inside the horror genre. In fact, this series is still what drives me to write, as I know that something original can be made. My next review is possibly the best of the series, Saw III.


Plot/ Jigsaw kidnaps a doctor to keep him alive while he watches his new apprentice put an unlucky citizen through a brutal test.


I will admit, I am a sucker for this franchise. Honestly, Twisted Pictures and the Saw series rejuvenated my love of horror, especially this one, Saw III, which may be my favorite of all the films. This movie had everything that a horror film should have, a non-linear storyline, solid overall acting, blood, guts, and gore. Truly, this had everything that a horror fan should be searching for in a horror flick. Yes, there were some confusion within the story and some of it did seem predictable, but those are easily overlooked. In the end, this is one of the more entertaining films in the series, and was a perfect rebound from Saw II, which was a touch slow in comparison to the original. If you have not seen it, check it out! This one is definitely worth watching.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Creep (2004)

Super Shark (2011)