I, Frankenstein (2014)



Ever since watching Jericho and subsequently reading the graphic novel, I have been hooked. I love the feel of graphic novels, and am always interested in finding movies based on them to see how well they translate. That was exactly what I found to watch tonight, 2014s I, Frankenstein.


Plot/ Frankenstein's creature finds himself caught in an all-out, centuries old war between two immortal clans.


Movies based on graphic novels can be difficult to replicate on the screen, and I, Frankenstein was no exception. This CGI driven action flick was simple and effects driven. In no way did it make you thing when you were watching it. While some of the action sequences were impressive, the acting solid, and even the general idea interesting, there was too much packed into the 90 minutes to make it really hit home. Between the plot holes, uneven dialog, and an somewhat confusing timeline, it was easy to just block everything out and enjoy the action. In the end, it may be somewhat entertaining for a CGI film, but the is nothing new to make it memorable. At PG-13, it was fun to watch with the daughters, but that is about all I would recommend it for-Scary Movie Night with the kids.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Creep (2004)

Super Shark (2011)