Way of the Wicked (2014)



After watching The Facility, I decided to venture into a completely different direction for my next review. I decided to dive back into the religious realm, and potentially find some type of Antichrist themed movie. What did I find at Family Video? I found the 2014 Christian Slater flick Way of the Wicked.


Plot/ After a series of inexplicable murders sweeps a small, isolated community, Father Henry goes to a local police detective with a theory on why the murders are occurring.


I know I should temper my expectations when a movie catches my eye at the video store. Unfortunately, I did not do that again, and in turn grabbed another watchable flick. Way of the Wicked is that, watchable, as it follows a played out storyline with nothing inspiring. The acting is decent, the scripting uneven and the pace and storyline predictable. Yes, the setting worked well, but that was about it. In the end, this one offered nothing new and failed to develop any type of believable atmosphere throughout. Hell, even the slight twist at the end was somewhat predictable. Stay away; there are much better flicks out there.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Creep (2004)

Super Shark (2011)