Stage Fright (2014)



I finally feel like I am back to where I was before I got sick. For most of the week, I fought through some lingering fatigue issues, as I had to return to the institute for a new quarter. With some energy now in place, it was time to get back to the block. Next up on the chopping block is the 2014 horror musical Stage Fright!


Plot/ A snobby musical theater camp is terrorized by a blood-thirsty killer who hates musical theater.


Horror musicals are always a challenge and this one was no different. While it was entertaining and laughable, I will say that there definitely was not sound balance between the slasher elements and the musical portions. That being said, the acting was solid, the concepts interesting, and there was a decent amount of blood when the gore started to flow. Sure, there were some pacing issues, the scripting was uneven, and the ending was quite predictable. In the end, this movie may not be perfect, but there was something interesting going on and it had some entertaining moments. I could quite easily see this movie take on some late cult movie followers in time, it has just enough schlock and gore to make it appealing. If you like musicals, give it a shot!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Creep (2004)

Super Shark (2011)