DeepStar Six (1989)



With last weeks, math homework in the rearview and a couple days until my next assignment is due, I decided to just kick back and relax. Of course, it does help that my crusader kicked Diablo’s ass last night and I am now headed to destroy the reaper of souls. With that extra time, I decided to go retro for a couple movies, starting with the 1989 deep-sea flick DeepStar Six.


Plot/ At the bottom of the ocean, the DeepStar Six has just discovered a new and deadly alien menace.


So, I have been in a retro mood this weekend and decided to give this one another shot after quite some time. Honestly, what I found surprised me, as the movie was actually a lot better than I remembered. The acting is solid, the storyline clichéd but interesting, and the mixture of story and action was pretty good. Sure, there were some characterization issues, the creature was absolutely horrid, and some of it felt dated, but it definitely held up better than some of the creature features from the past. In the end, this one is definitely worth revisiting if you have not seen it in some time; it is an entertaining and dark trip to the bottom of the sea that should be seen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Creep (2004)

Super Shark (2011)