Snowpiercer (2013)



As I am sitting here laughing at the excuses being made by democrats as to why they are taking a beating today at the polls, I decided that I needed relax and prepare for tomorrow’s #MillionMaskMarch. While I cannot take off to join in the festivities, I will have my mask on hand all day. Next of for review, the 2013 surrealistic flick Snowpiercer.


Plot/ Set in a future where a failed climate-change experiment kills all life on the planet except for a lucky few who boarded the Snowpiercer, a train that travels around the globe, where a class system emerges.


When I saw this, I honestly expected some type of global warming propaganda piece, and while there were some of those overtones, what I found was much better than I would have expected. This post apocalyptic movie has a lot going for it; some of which I definitely did not see coming. The performances were solid, the cinematography works and there are some atmospheric moments. More importantly, it takes on many of the social issues that often go overlooked in films of this type. Sure, there are some head scratching moments with some plot holes, but within this type of surrealistic environment, those are to be expected. In the end, this is a movie that will either be loved or hated. Personally, I found it an entertaining trip into the post apocalyptic landscape that could be created if these global warming nuts get their way. Give it a shot, you could definitely do a lot worse.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Creep (2004)

Super Shark (2011)