Young Sherlock Holmes (1985)



I was quite amazed by the amount of Sherlock stuff I saw when purchasing my Underoos today. Sherlock Holmes is one of my favorite detectives, although I have found it difficult to immerse myself into a book the way I did in my youth. Speaking of my youth, here is a flick that captures Holmes early on: Young Sherlock Holmes from 1985.


Plot/ When assorted people start having inexplicable delusions that lead to their deaths, a teenage Sherlock Holmes decides to investigate.


Young Sherlock Holmes is one of those 1980s flicks that have stood the test of time rather well. Not for anyone who is a Holmes purist, this one does take some liberties with the young detectives life that differ from the source material. However, this one is a rather entertaining trip into the detective story and created an alternate reality for him to grow. The storyline is simple and clichéd, the pacing works, sound track amazing, and incredibly the early CGI effects work better than some of those seen today. Sure, the acting is uneven, the historic aspects unbelievable, and the characters never truly develop, but that does nothing to bring this one down. In the end, this movie is entertaining, interesting, and fun to watch with the family, especially if you want to bring the genius of Holmes to life for a new generation.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Creep (2004)

Super Shark (2011)