Veronika Decides to Die (2009)



As many readers know, I so not usually venture into the world of straight dramas. While I have nothing against them, there is just something more in my wheelhouse that I discover. Sometimes, I do decide to venture down that path if I see something interesting. That was the case the other day, when I came across the 2009 drama Veronika Decides to Die.


Plot/ After a frantic suicide attempt, Veronika awakens inside a mysterious mental asylum. Under the supervision of an unorthodox psychiatrist who specializes in controversial treatment, Veronika learns that she has only weeks to live.


Yes, this is not my usual type of film, but what can I say, I am a fan of Sarah Michelle Gellar, and this one caught my eye with an interesting description. While I have never read the source material, after watching this and seeing the layered characters and storyline, I would like to assume that it is a decent adaption. Everything works in this one, as the performances are solid, the storyline simple yet interesting, and the characterizations and cinematography are both awesome. Yes, there are a few issues with audio, but those are really a non-issue. In the end, this is a outstanding and entertaining drama that has a very smart and focused message. If you enjoy compelling drama, give this one a shot.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Creep (2004)

Super Shark (2011)