Cop Car (2015)



With some horror and Sci-fi filling up my last few days as I worked on my class project, I decided that I needed to check out something different. After some searching, I decided on something a lot different than usual, the 2015 drama/thriller Cop Car.


Plot/ A pair of ten-year-olds find an abandoned cop car in a field. When they take it for a joyride, it seems like they could kill themselves at any moment. But things only get worse when the small town sheriff goes looking for his missing car. The kids find themselves in the center of a deadly game of cat and mouse they don't understand and the only way out is to go as fast as their cop car can take them.


This was a movie that I had never heard of, and one that I am glad that I took a shot on. Yes, it is not my typical genre, but sometimes it is a good thing to step outside of the comfort zone. In this case, I am glad I did. Cop Car has an interesting make-up with a minimal cast that combines action with some interesting twists and an outstanding ending. The performances are solid, the tension/tone builds throughout the movie, and it is rather entertaining. However, the decision to build tension throughout the film works, yet, it also causes the early portions to crawl. Couple that with some predictable moments, and you have the main reason this one will not stick with you forever. Is it worth watching? Absolutely, but I would not run out and buy it, it is good, but not quite at that level.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Creep (2004)

Super Shark (2011)