Stung (2015)



Needing to pass some time while doing homework and waiting for the kids to get to bed so I can watch the final episode of American Horror Story Coven, I wanted something mindless to help get me through. In searching for something mindless, I decided upon the 2015 horror/comedy Stung.


Plot/ A fancy garden party turns into upper class prey when a colony of killer wasps mutates into seven foot tall predators.


When I saw this one, I figured it would be the perfect mindless creature feature that I could use to bridge the gap until I put on the final episode of American Horror Story Coven. When I got inside that is what I found. Sure, it was not quite as funny as I expected it to be, but it had enough over the top moments, unbelievable action, and goo to add at least a little humor. The performances are uneven bur cult icon, Lance Henriksen, more than fills his role. The effects and cinematography are solid, the storyline ridiculous but funny, and some of the effects are decent. In the end, this may not be the greatest horror comedy or creature feature to come out, but it is a decent flick to watch with just enough bloodshed to help pass time. If you have some time and need to watch something, give it shot.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Creep (2004)

Super Shark (2011)