The Exorcism of Molly Hartley (2015)



I was finally able to complete my homework last night, and I cannot believe how difficult it is to focus on a middle grade writing. At least, I was only required to write one chapter for this week’s assignment. Over the weekend, I was able to watch a few different things to help provide me with some darker inspiration (although my story was alien based), and in that process I watched The Exorcism of Molly Hartley from 2015.


Plot/ Molly Hartley is all grown up, but the unholy demon inside her lives on. Six years after graduating high school - and discovering that a secret pact assigned her soul to the devil - Molly is suspected of murder and confined to a mental hospital, where she wreaks supernatural havoc on the staff and patients. Her only hope is an exorcism by a defrocked priest looking to redeem himself and save Molly's life before her hideous "transformation" is complete...but Satan has other plans!


During the weekend, I watched a couple exorcism movies. While neither were perfect, this entry was definitely better than The Ouija Exorcism. This movie was a lot better than I expected, with some interesting twists mixed in with the typical exorcism themed cliché. Overall, it had a solid atmosphere, some decent effects, and an intriguing storyline. Unfortunately, it also has its share of missed opportunities by trying to rely on jump scares to offset the clichéd moments, and the performances were all over the place with many moments of overacting. In the end, this one was not bad for a straight to video entry and had more than a few interesting moments that made it at least worth watching. If you have not seen it and love exorcism based movies, check it out.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Creep (2004)

Super Shark (2011)