Hellraiser: Revelations (2011)



With The Visit behind me, I still had some work to do and needed something dark in the background. After some debate, I decided to venture back into a franchise that I absolutely love, Hellraiser, with the ninth installment Hellraiser: Revelations.  


Plot/ two friends discover a puzzle box in Mexico, which opens a gateway to Hell. Before long, Pinhead has returned to make the lives of everyone in his way miserable.


While I have not reviewed all of the Hellraiser movies, I have seen them all, and this ninth installment has to be the worst. I can now see why Doug Bradley passed (not that his presence would have saved it). There were some interesting effects in this one (even if they were predictable and similar to earlier entries in the franchise) and who would not love to see the box, chains, a pleasures of the flesh instilled by the cenobites. Unfortunately, there was absolutely nothing new in this one, and it felt like a modified rip-off of all of the others. The performances are uneven, the dialog bad, the characters did nothing to appeal to anyone, and the atmosphere was non-existent. Even the classic Pinhead character failed to develop and was shell of himself, with Stephan Smith Collins trying too hard to channel the definitive traits of Bradley. In the end, this is definitely one movie I could have done without and even as a huge fan of the franchise; I will never watch this one again. Stay away!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Creep (2004)

Super Shark (2011)