He Never Died (2015)



After spending the past two days living inside my homework writing a treatment for an episode of Castle (and conducting peer reviews), it was time to find something to help my mind unwind. After searching the shelves at the video store, I settled on the 2015 indie flick He Never Died.


Plot/ Jack, a social outcast, is thrust out of his comfort zone when the outside world bangs on his door and he cannot contain his violent past.


When I saw this at Family Video, I knew I had to see it. The idea of Henry Rollins playing a strong, social outcast/loner seemed impeccable, and it was. He was definitely the perfect choice for this role, and one of the highlights of the movie. On top of that, for a low budget film, this one did a great job at creating a mixture of atmosphere, storyline, darkness, and demons in a way that did not require a lot of wasted visual effects. Plus, the technical aspects are better than I would have expected. In the end, this underrated movie is a must see for horror fans, and a film that should continue to create interest for some time.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Creep (2004)

Super Shark (2011)