Gods of Egypt (2016)



Now that I returned from a softball tryout and can settle into starting my vacation, I decided to finish one last film before loading my bags. After some thought about what I had left to write about, I decided on the 2016 fantasy Gods of Egypt.


Plot/ Mortal hero Bek teams with the god Horus in an alliance against Set, the merciless god of darkness, who has usurped Egypt's throne, plunging the once peaceful and prosperous empire into chaos and conflict.


This movie is definitely not my normal selection and was one that I had stayed away from for some time. Now, after watching it, I wish I had not. There was actually a lot to like inside this fantasy epic, and as a fan of ancient Egypt, it was fun to sit through. Yes, it was unbelievable and some of it was a bit out there, but that is perfectly fine within the confines of a fantasy. Overall, it featured an interesting storyline, some solid scripting and characterizations, and enough plot twists to keep it moving. Yes, the CGI was rough and some of the performances were uneven, but that did not detract from the movie in any way. In the end, this was a film that was much better than I expected and a movie that made for a fun evening. If you enjoy fantasy flicks, give it a shot.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Creep (2004)

Super Shark (2011)