Volumes of Blood (2015)



As a scriptwriter, I often look at movies from that perspective. Because I am in the initial stages of my career, I understand the importance of indie cinema and the low budget horror flick. In fact, I am good with that and hope to someday have multiple entries on that circuit (I would actually prefer that). With that in mind, I grabbed another anthology; this one was the low budget entry Volumes of Blood from 2015.  


Plot/ A sociology student gathers several friends at the local library on Halloween night to help him create a new urban legend with deadly consequences. He should be careful for what he wished for; it might just kill them all.


Being in a recent anthology mood, this piece of low budget cinema caught my eye as soon as I saw it on the shelf. While there are moments where the low budget was clear, this one was definitely one of the better pieces of indie filmmaking I have seen in some time. The storyline was intriguing; the cinematography solid, and there was enough blood to keep me interested. Yes, some of the dialog was uneven and the performances varied, but it was much better than a lot of the low budget entries that get more publicity. In the end, this movie was more than I imagined it would be and definitely was worth the watch. If you have not seen it, give it a shot!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Creep (2004)

Super Shark (2011)