Blair Witch (2016)



After staying home last night and enjoying Viral, it was awesome that Mother Nature decided to hold off the rain and let me head out to the drive-in to see Blair Witch and Don’t Breathe. I love horror double features and it is always such a good time when both movies offer something different. The first review of those will be Blair Witch.


Plot/ After discovering a video showing what he believes to be his sister's experiences in the demonic woods of the Blair Witch, James and a group of friends head to the forest in search of his lost sibling.


I have heard so many different opinions on the Blair Witch that I had to break down and see it. Luckily, it was playing at the drive-in  (with Don’t Breathe) and I was able to catch it earlier tonight. What I found was interesting. Yes, it was not perfect and I can see where some people would be turned off, but I could also see why people would love it. I really believe there was a nice mixture of homage to the original trip into the world and enough originality to create a tremendously entertaining balance. The way the movie built atmosphere and transitioned was done incredibly well and it created some intriguing elements that ensure the viewer paid attention to. The performances were decent, the storyline was developed, and for a found footage film, it had some new approaches to creating some new angles for recording. Sure, the ending is a bit odd and there were some jump scares that felt cliché, but those are easily overlooked. In the end, this one definitely took me back to the original and actually reminded me of what a real found footage film should look like. Of course, it is not a perfect movie, but it is one that should be seen and enjoyed. Check it out!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Creep (2004)

Super Shark (2011)