Swiss Army Man (2016)



While I usually stick to horror movies in October, I decided to review something different last night. 2016 has been strange, and I expect that things will get weirder before the return back to normal. It makes me wonder if CERN has something to do with it. Talk about strange, that is my next review, 2016s Swiss Army Man.


Plot/ A hopeless man stranded on a deserted island befriends a dead body and together they go on a surreal journey to get home.


When I saw this trailer, I figured that it was going to be strange, but honestly, that was an understatement. This movie was even weirder than I could have imagined. This film will definitely either be loved or hated by those who watch it, because of the over the top uncouthness or bizarre overtones that keep you in the dark about the true intentions of the film. The performances, the scripting, and the cinematography are all solid, and there are enough surreal moments to keep you entertained. Of course, these surrealistic moments may turn some people off. Couple that with some of the disjointed moments toward the end of the film and the fact that it is not straightforward, and it is easy to see why some viewers could be turned off. In the end, if you want to watch something that is creative, weird, surreal, and makes you think, this movie is for you. It is quite entertaining.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Creep (2004)

Super Shark (2011)