Razors: The Return of Jack the Ripper (2016)



After some documentaries and movies that drifted off the horror genre, I felt that it was time to jump back into it. With a quick trip to Family Video, I was able to pick up something that sounded interesting. I decided on the 2016 entry Razors: The Return of Jack the Ripper.


Plot/ A young writer believes she has discovered the holy grail of terror; the knives used by Jack the Ripper for his notorious murders.


Having spent a lot of time researching Jack the Ripper, when I saw this one, I had to watch it. Sure, I understood that there were possibly some flaws ahead with this being a low budget entry, but I did not care. What I found was interesting. Yes, it is not a perfect film (and anyone thinking it would be should be committed), but it had some intriguing elements that I really liked. The storyline was in no way coherent, but it created an entertaining narrative that seemed to blur the lines of existence within the film creating a thin line between nightmares and reality. While this is somewhat unusual, it does work to create some atmosphere and aid with the performances. There were some of the usual flaws with uneven pacing and predictable decisions and dialog, but those were minor flaws. In the end, this movie will not be for everyone and will likely fall into the love/hate category of horror films. Personally, I liked it and have seen much worse. Give it shot, it will at least help pass some time on these cold winter nights.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Creep (2004)

Super Shark (2011)