The Shelter (2015)



Last night I took a trip in the snow to Family Video in hopes of finding one of the new releases that looked interesting. Unfortunately, the film I was looking for was out. Instead, I decided on the 2015 psychological thriller The Shelter.


Plot/ A homeless man finds shelter for the night within a lavish abandoned two-story house. He eventually discovers that he is not alone and the premises won't let him leave.


When I saw this at Family Video the premise seemed straightforward. However, this movie was nothing like I expected. In fact, The Shelter was much better than I could have imagined. This psychological thriller with supernatural overtones is both thought provoking and intriguing; covering a topic that I am sure many will recognize or potentially struggle with. Not only is the storyline interesting, the atmosphere, the cinematography, and scripting work together to create an enthralling film. Couple that with some solid performances from a minimalist cast (especially Michael Pare) and the movie is well worth your time. In the end, this is one of the better psychological thrillers I have seen in some time. You should check it out.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Creep (2004)

Super Shark (2011)