The Autopsy of Jane Doe (2016)



After clearing my mind with a mindless Godzilla flick, it was time to get back to some real horror. After a long night of softball (practice and watching a game), my selection for last night was the 2016 entry The Autopsy of Jane Doe.


Plot/ A father and son, both coroners, are pulled into a complex mystery while attempting to identify the body of a young woman, who was apparently harboring dark secrets.


This is a movie I have been looking forward to watching. While I did not know much about the storyline or what to expect, from the few promo clips and artwork I had seen, I thought it could be something that I would enjoy. I was right, as this was one of the best horror films I have seen in some time and it backs up my thoughts that this has been a tremendous year for the genre. There was a lot to like with some creepy and dark atmospheric elements, some outstanding make-up effects with some graphic scenes, solid performances, and a nice mixture of horror and suspense within a thought-out storyline that was quite engaging. Yes, there are a few clichéd jump scares thrown it and the ending could have been a touch better, but those are but minor flaws inside this tremendous film. In the end, if you are a true horror fan, you should definitely enjoy this one. True, some of the autopsy scenes may not be for everyone, but it is well worth watching.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Creep (2004)

Super Shark (2011)