Cult of Chucky (2017)



After spending last night in Morgantown at the WVU symphonic band concert watching my beautiful and talented daughter perform, I decided that tonight I wanted to watch something that could help continue the build-up to Halloween. At first, I debated my selection until I found one I have been looking forward to,  2017s Cult of Chucky.


Plot/ Chucky returns to terrorize his human victim, Nica. Meanwhile, the killer doll has some scores to settle with his old enemies, with the help of his former wife.


It has been some time since I ventured into the world of Chucky and while I am usually entertained by the series, a viewer really has no idea what to expect with a sequel (especially the 7th installment). In this case, Chucky was definitely back to his old self (complete with Brad Dourif perfectly bringing his voice to life), the series was intricately tied together, the effects are outstanding again proving that practical effects are much better in horror than CGI, there are some good moments with the blood and gore, and the performances were solid. Yes, the plot felt a little underdeveloped and there were some pacing issues that seemed obvious when watching it the first time. Both of those are somewhat expected when one considers that the budget was smaller than many other films of its stature. In the end, this film is a worthy addition to the Child’s Play franchise and a movie that was quite entertaining. Is it perfect? Absolutely not, but it is a decent flick and one that definitely should make fans want to see more installments in the future.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Creep (2004)

Super Shark (2011)