IT (2017)



As a horror fan, it is nice to see a buzz created within the genre. Hopefully, this attention leads to Hollywood taking some time and giving horror fans more movies, we can enjoy. With that buzz, I had to actually go see this one in the theater because the daughters have been yapping about it for a week. Last night I broke down and saw the 2017 Stephen King adaptation reboot of IT.


Plot/ In the Town of Derry, the local kids are disappearing one by one, leaving behind bloody remains. In a place known as The Barrens, a group of seven kids are united by their horrifying and strange encounters with an evil clown and their determination to kill IT.


Last night, I finally took the girls to see IT and was actually surprised by the overall experience. While this one was not as scary as I had heard (and would have liked), I thought it was an entertaining movie and one that was perfect for the daughters. The performances were solid and the actors and characters had great chemistry between them, the make-up was outstanding, and the cinematography, use of lighting, and overall visuals were tremendous. Even the scripting was able to create a somewhat darker atmosphere and keep the subtle comedic elements in play throughout. Unfortunately for me, the scares just weren’t there. Maybe it is because I have read the Stephen King classic or maybe because I consume horror movies all the time, but I found it a touch predictable. Plus, I am not a huge fan of CGI and there were some times where that process felt overused. In the end, I did thoroughly enjoy this movie. No, it wasn’t perfect or close to the best King adaptation, but it made for an entertaining evening and again proves why Clown Lives Matter. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Creep (2004)

Super Shark (2011)